Who is a good candidate for laser hair removal?
If you find yourself shaving, plucking, tweezing or othering hair on your face or body then laser may be right for you. Note that as of 2018 there is no effective laser hair removal machine for grey hair, fine blonde hair or red hair. Generally, hair that is coarse and has pigment to it is successfully treated by laser. We do not treat fine soft hair as there is minimal benefit from the laser.
Is it safe for my skin type?
Dr. Anwar has invested in the most effective and safest technology and oversees the treatment settings for those clients who are approved for treatment. Note we provide laser hair removal that is both equally safe and effective for light and ethnic skin.
Does it hurt?
With the latest and most advanced cooling system that is integrated into the machine, you will find the treatment to be very quick, comfortable and effective. No numbing cream or pain medications are required for a comfortable treatment at our Office.
What areas are safe for laser hair removal?
Our technology is FDA approved for the treatment of hair on all parts of the body, however, we do not laser the eyebrows because of their proximity to the eyes.
- No technology allows safe laser hair removal over a tattoo.
How long has laser technology been in use?
Laser Hair Removal, in general, has been in practice for over 20 years, with significant advancements in the past several years.
- We use the most advanced technology offering the unbeatable quality of treatment and experience.
- Our treatments are specifically designed to be safe and effective for all colors of skin and comfortable/painless for all areas of treatment.
Who is not a good candidate for laser hair removal?
If you are pregnant, breastfeeding or actively family planning then we do not offer cosmetic services as a good practice.
If you have skin conditions such as lupus, scleroderma, or other autoimmune or sensitive condition we do not generally recommend laser hair removal.
- If you have been on Accutane in the past 6 months or are currently using.
- If the hair is very fine, grey or blonde then we do not generally recommend laser hair removal.
- Risks and benefits of treatment will be discussed during your consultation with Dr. Anwar.
Is this the same as a Diode or IPL?
No - we feel based on science and application of clinical experience, that our device is the most effective and safest form of laser hair removal, as well as being more comfortable.
Are home laser hair removal devices equally effective?
No. Home laser hair removal gadgets such as the Tria laser or Silk'n are low power devices made for those with a specific light skin tone and do not require formal training or previous laser hair removal experience.
What laser do you recommend?
This will depend on your skin color and hair color. Utilizing the latest in technology we can accommodate all skin types. Under the direction of Dr. Anwar, we can customize these treatments to maximize the benefit and minimize the risk, providing you with a highly satisfying experience.
How should I prepare for my first treatment?
Avoid tanning/spray tan/artificial tan/sunlight to the proposed area of treatment for at least 4 weeks prior to your first treatment and during the full period of treatment. Minimize sun exposure with full-length clothing, hat and sun to reduce the risk of dark spots. We do NOT treat tanned skin
- Avoid waxing/plucking/epilating/depilatory creams/electrolysis or similar treatments to the area for at least 4 weeks prior. This will cause the hair to be removed from the skin and therefore prevent the laser treatment from being effective.
- Shave the area 24 hours before your treatment session.
What are the risks of hair removal?
Laser energy, is controlled and safe through our technology, but can theoretically increase one's risk of side effects such as light or dark spots, burning or keloid formation or another potential injury to the skin.
- We do not encounter these side effects with adequate preparation and in good treatment settings.
- There is no evidence to suggest that Laser Hair Removal causes cancer as this form of energy is non-ionizing or cell changing.
How many sessions will I need?
On average people need 10-12 sessions, however, this varies depending on the area(s) being treated, age, genetics, and health.
We cannot estimate the exact number for each individual. We should be able to control improvement between each appointment with appropriate intervals.
No laser hair removal machine can offer permanent' results. No office can remove the DNA of the hair follicle. What can be done however and what is more important is the ability to suppress the hair cycle rate and intensity so that hairs are not as active for as long as possible, in the most efficient treatment fashion. This, of course, is the goal of treatment at Modern Aesthetics.
How often do I need to come in for treatment?
It is recommended to come in every 4-6 weeks for face treatments and 6-8 weeks for other body areas. However, it depends on how soon you see hair growth. This will be discussed specifically during your consultation.
What areas can be treated?
All areas except for shaping of the eyebrows and around the eyes
What type of laser do you use?
We use the latest 2020 model FDA Approved Clarity II by Lutronic laser that offers the Alex and the YAG laser (Alex is used for lighter skin, YAG is used for darker skin)
How do I prepare?
Do NOT wax, pluck, electrolysis, epilating or use any hair removal products for at least 4 weeks prior to treatment.
- AVOID tanning/spray tans/artificial tans to the proposed area of treatment for at least 4 weeks prior to treatment. We do NOT treat tanned skin.
- Shave 24 hours prior to treatment.
How old do you have to be for laser hair removal?
Our minimum age for treatment is 13 years of age with the informed and written consent of their Parent/Guardian and approval by Dr. Anwar.
Do you offer any specials?
Please call our office at 916.953.3248 for current promotions.